Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Candy Jackpot!

So.... I should NOT be eating large quantities of sugar. At all. It is not good for me. Nononono. But then there are days that I just really want a chocolate milk and a Snickers bar, and it just so happens that I have accumulated a few dollars in change, and the work vending machines have chocolate milk and Snickers bars.
So like a guilty little kid, I walked down to the cafeteria with my handful of sweaty change. And I see that they have updated the candies! Not only are there Snickers bars, there are also Milky Ways and Reese's Pieces. Oh man. So then I stand there thinking, "Should I risk the sugar coma and get all 3 AND a chocolate milk?" Knowing full well I should not, and that I probably couldn't eat that much candy even if I tried. So I talk myself into doing something new and different, and ditching the Snickers for the Pieces and a Milky Way "for later." Knowing that "later" could be tomorrow, or an hour from now. I put in my 85 cents, and get some pieces. I put in 85 more, and press the buttons, and a rain of candy bars falls from the metal coil! Jesus just rewarded my merely partial over-indulgence with 3 free milky ways!
I hastily looked around, but no one saw, so I don't have to share! I quickly scooped up the chocolate-covered Jesus present, and walked away with a fist full of sugar, chuckling, "MWAHAHAHAHAHA! I AM the candy baron!"
 
It amazes me how people still treat me like a professional.

No comments: