Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I Heart Relax-o Time"

That's one of my favorite quotes by April Link, who is a girl I heart.

So Thuglife is feeling much better, which means he is also feeling more crabby and OCD.
He spends a lot of time walking around the house looking for things to unplug (he's got an odd fear of spontaneous electrical fires) and doors to close (he has a thing where he always thinks the doors upstairs are opened. They are never opened).
Last night, I was talkin' to Stephen J. on the phone and stepped outside for a hot minute to smoke a cigarette. (Yes I quit. But anyone who knows me well knows that "quitting" is more of a vacation than a commitment for me.)
So I came back in, and kid was not on the couch where I left him, nor anywhere downstairs. So I went upstairs, where I found him lying on the hardwood floor in the hall. I thought he fell, so I quick hung up on Steve and, trying not to be panicking said, "Whatcha doin' down there, Ace?"
He was picking up teeny tiny little pieces of paper that probably fell out of Jappy's purse, or maybe the laundry basket, a Walmart bag, I don't even know.
He's crawling around on his hands and knees picking this shit up. I mean, seriously, people, I coulda got a broom.
So he is frustrated and antsy and in need of activities, but he is still weak and still in a lot of pain, which makes for the most miserable stage of recovery. Today he had a bunch of appointments though, which got his antsy butt out of the house and left time for me and Jappy to get some much-needed R&R.
We cleaned the house and got our nails done. I have Cammero Red toes and Moody Rockstar purple nails. (Robbie is right, in my heart of hearts, I AM a sillyfancy lady.) We had spicy chicken sammiches for lunch and on the way home, we rescued a turtle.
It was a big, pretty box turtle pokin' along across the road.
Actually, he was probably haulin' ass across the road, but you know how it is with turtles. It was a busy road with a 55 mph speed limit. Little guy never woulda made it. So Jappy stopped and I got out and scooped him up and deposited him safely on the other side. It really was a very pretty turtle with a smooth shell that was dark green with lighter, yellow-green stripes and a few red sploches, and I think if I ever ever actually have a place of my own ever in my life, my painting choices will be turtle inspired.
After that, we watched Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra in Anchors Away, and in a hot minute, I'm gonna go outside and blow bubbles, cause after a week of suffocating humidity and thunderstorms, it is freakin' gorgeous out today.
The evening is supposed to be lovely too, and I'm looking forward to sitting out for a bit watching the fireflies.
Hope y'all are having a nice day too.
If you're not I recommend blowing bubbles, for serious.

No comments: